Registration for Current Students in Grades K-12
Welcome to Berkshire Local Schools!
Berkshire Local School District appreciates you taking the time to register your child(ren) for school. The safety and well-being of your child is our highest priority and we hope to make this transition to our school community as easy as possible.
Please read the following information carefully.
Enrollment of a child into the Berkshire School District must be completed by a custodial parent who resides within the district’s boundaries. A new student cannot be registered by a parent or relative who does not have legal custody of the child.
Please note: Registration is a two-part process. The first part requires completion
of the on-line registration system. The second part requires an in-person appointment.
To receive the on-line registration link; please contact the District Registrar at
(440) 834-3380, ext. 2101 or OLRhelp@berkshireschools.org.
Information needed for the on-line registration:
- Household information – address and phone numbers
- Parent information – work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information – demographic and health/medical information
- Emergency contacts – phone numbers (Note: the district requires two (2) emergency contacts other than the parent/guardian.)
Required documents for registration appointment:
- Original or official birth certificate,
- One form of proof of residency,
Acceptable, board approved, forms of proof of residency: current electric/gas bill that includes name and physical address, property tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement (with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants)
- Residency Verification Form – this form is required only if the parent/guardian is living with another person/family within the Berkshire School District. The homeowner and the student’s parent must complete this form and have it notarized.
- Custody or Legal Documents (if applicable) – Official court stamped/signed documents pertaining to family situations (i.e. guardianship, custody)
- Driver’s license/photo ID
- Current IEP and ETR/MFE (if applicable)
- Current 504 (if applicable)
- Current WEP/WAP (if applicable)
New Kindergarten Registrants:
Information for kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be available in February of 2020.