Welcome to Berkshire Local Schools!
**WHEN REGISTERING YOUR STUDENT, PLEASE USE A COMPUTER/LAPTOP (not a mobile device)**
Enrollment of a child into the Berkshire Local School District must be completed by a custodial parent who resides within the district’s boundaries. A new student cannot be registered by a parent or relative who does not have legal custody of the child.
Please note: Registration is a two-part process. The first part requires the completion
of the online registration system. The second part requires an in-person appointment.
- To be eligible for Kindergarten in the fall of 2021, your child must be 5 on or before August 1, 2021.
- If you are new to the Berkshire Local School District or a student that withdrew and are returning, you will need to complete the online New Student Registration process.
- If you do not live in the Berkshire School District, you must apply for and be approved for open enrollment before registering your child for school.
For families with a child already enrolled in the district, you may register your new student for the 2021-2022 SY by:
- Logging into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account
- From the menu options on the left side of your screen, scroll down to the bottom and select “More”
- Select “OLR & Forms” to begin the registration process
For families new to the Berkshire Local School District (no children currently enrolled), you may register your new student for the 2021-2022 SY through one of the following links:
REGISTRATION LINK Use this link if you have an email address
REGISTRATION LINK 2 Use this link if you DO NOT have an email address
You will need to gather the information and required documents listed below before beginning the online registration process. Be sure to bring the records from the “Required” list to your in-person appointment at the Board of Education Office to complete the registration process.
- Household information – address and phone numbers
- Parent information – work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information – demographic and health/medical information
- Emergency contacts – phone numbers (Note: the district requires at least two (2) emergency contacts other than the parent/guardian(s)).
- Original or official birth certificate (copies will not be accepted)
- Proof of Residency
Board approved acceptable documents for proof of residency are: current electric/gas bill that includes name and physical address, property tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement (with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants)
- Residency Verification Form –is required only if the parent/guardian(s) live with another person/family within the Berkshire School District. The homeowner and the student’s parent must complete this form and then take it to a notary.
- Custody or Legal Documents (if applicable) – Official court stamped/signed documents pertaining to family situations (i.e. guardianship, custody)
- Driver’s license/photo ID
- Current IEP and ETR/MFE (if applicable)
The following are required in addition to the above list for Kindergarten Students:
Kindergarten Packet for Burton Elementary – Click to Downoad
Kindergarten Packet for Ledgemont Elementary – Click to Download
Evening Kindergarten Registration Hours:
The district will be conducting evening registration appointments at the elementary buildings. Please contact the District Registrar to schedule your appointment.
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 4:00 – 7:00 PM at Ledgemont Elementary
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 4:00 – 7:00 PM at Burton Elementary
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 from 4:00 - 7:00 PM at Burton Elementary
If you need assistance or to schedule your registration appointment, please contact Melissa Malkus, District Registrar, at 440-834-3380, ext. 2101 between the hours of 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday or email OLRHelp@berkshireschools.org.