Berkshire Local School District
Berkshire Board of Education will be accepting bids for yard care services for the district. Bids will be received until 10:00 am on Friday, March 15, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope to the Board of Education Offices at 14259 Claridon Troy Rd., Burton, OH 44021. This notice and bid specifications are posted on the district website at www.berkshireschools.org. The Berkshire Board of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
John R. Stoddard, Superintendent
- Supply all equipment needed for the following yard maintenance for all property at:
- Berkshire High School
- Burton Elementary
- Board of Education Office
- Ledgemont Elementary
- Athletic Fields (Baseball/Softball/Football/Practice)
- Approximate mowing season April 1st to end of November
- Weekly mowing of all areas to a minimum height of 2-1/2” and maximum height of 3-1/2”
- Trim all lamppost, electrical boxes, gas meters, trees, curbs, fences, sidewalks, etc.
- Excessive grass clumps in mowing areas to be blown to break up and prevent suffocating
- Sidewalks, parking area, driveways, and mulch bed areas to be blown free of grass clippings
- All sidewalks to be edged twice a month and any grass growing in cracks of sidewalks removed
- Football field to be fertilized and aerated twice during the season
- During fall, leaves to be mulched or removed when mowing
- At the end of the season, all leaves cleaned up and removed
- Each week to do a general inspection of property for any ground maintenance issues not covered in contract (storm damage, bed work, water drainage, etc.) and inform maintenance department.
- Certain areas may have time limitations to mow that will need to be followed. Mowing at Burton Elementary may not begin until after 3:30 pm. The maintenance department will give notification if any other limitations arise during the school year.
- Baseball, softball and surrounding areas of fields at Burton Elementary need to be mowed twice a week
- Must have Workers Compensation and Bond insurance; must also be licensed to use herbicides and weed killer.
For any questions on specifications contact Jim Badanjek, Maintenance Supervisor, at (440)477-9267.