Welcome to Berkshire Schools Kindergarten Registration!
Enrollment of a child into the Berkshire School District must be completed by a custodial parent who resides within the district’s boundaries. A new student cannot be registered by a parent or relative who does not have legal custody of the child.
Please note: Registration is a two-part process. The first part requires completion
of the online registration system. The second part requires an in-person appointment.
Kindergarten Registrants: You will need to gather the information and required documents listed below before clicking on one of the “Online Registration” links at the bottom. You will need to bring the documents from the required list with you to the Board of Education Office for the “in-person” appointment in order to complete the registration process.
- Household information – address and phone numbers
- Parent information – work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information – demographic and health/medical information
- Emergency contacts – phone numbers (Note: the district requires at least two (2) emergency contacts other than the parent/guardian(s)).
- Original or official birth certificate (copies will not be accepted)
- Proof of Residency
- Acceptable forms of proof of residency: current electric/gas bill that includes name and physical address, property tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement (with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants)
- Residency Verification Form – this form is required only if the parents are living with another person/family within the Berkshire School District. The homeowner and the student’s parent must complete this form and then take it to a notary and sign it in their presence.
- Custody or Legal Documents (if applicable) – Official court stamped/signed documents pertaining to family situations (i.e. guardianship, custody)
- Driver’s license/photo ID
- Current IEP and ETR/MFE (if applicable)
These documents are required in addition to the above list and must be turned in by the first week of school. These forms are part of the kindergarten information packet:
- Immunization records
- Physical Examination
- Oral Assessment
If you need assistance or to schedule your registration appointment, please call the District Registrar at 440-834-3380, ext. 2101 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or email OLRHelp@berkshireschools.org.
Registration Link (Use this link if you HAVE an email address)
Registration Link 2 (Use this link if you DO NOT HAVE an email address)
Burton Elementary Registration Packet
Ledgemont Elementary Registration Packet